Tuesday 8 May 2007

Keep on Running...

In case you didn't know, Rob is taking part in the 10km Great Manchester Run on Sunday 20 May. He decided at the end of last year that he needed a goal to work towards in his quest to get fit, and this is it. Except he's been really hampered by injuries - knee, neck and lower back, at one time or another - and his back injury has meant he's hardly spent any time at the gym in the last month, but he'll still take part in the race, even if he has to walk all the way round. He is raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, and doesn't want to let down all the people who have sponsored him so far. If you haven't, and would like to, he'd be very grateful - his sponsorship page is here.

I, on the other hand, am just keeping on at my cross-training. I've been concentrating on my stamina for the last couple of months, and have gone from almost collapsing after 10 minutes on level 2 to completing 50 minutes relatively comfortably on level 7. Recently I've started doing a 50-minute stint one day then a 20-minute interval stint the next day - the interval one is just as hard, if not harder. I do 45 seconds at an average pace then 15 seconds as fast as I can go. And 'as fast as I can go' gets slower and slower with every minute that passes... My goal for this month is to do 100km on the cross-trainer - check out my progress below.

No comments: