Sunday 20 May 2007

Race Day

Rob and Rick ran the Great Manchester Run this morning - Rob hasn't been able to train for about 7 weeks because of his various injuries and still managed to finish in 1:09:13, and Rick, who spent the last 2 days getting back from Chile, arriving at Manchester Airport 2 hours before the race started, put in a blinder and finished in 53:48. They both really enjoyed themselves, as did the 27,998 other people who ran, including Marjorie, an 89-year-old who has run in all five Great Manchester Runs... Thanks to everyone who sponsored Rob - he raised over £600 for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

My exercise ticker hasn't moved on much in the past week - my right foot started to hurt quite badly and by Tuesday I was limping a lot. I went to the doctor on Friday and I've got tendonitis, which is slowly getting better, but I don't think I'll be able to hit my target of 100km by the end of the month. Still, I guess that means I don't have to increase the target for next month now...

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Congrats to both men!

BTW, what's with the foil wrapping? Were they about to put them on the grill after their run?