Sunday 16 September 2007

A bit of culture on a Sunday afternoon

Jennifer started working for Interface21 last week out of the Florida office and is in Southampton this week to work with Rob. We had a trip out to Stonehenge this afternoon - neither of us had ever been there, and as it's only 45 minutes from where I live now, I thought it was time I went to have a look. It was impressive, but I have to say it wasn't as big as I expected it to be - and it was quite cold and windy up there. Still, it was worth a visit, and it was great to spend some time with Jennifer and get to know her a bit better. I've met her a couple of times before at The Spring Experience but haven't really spent much time with her. She's the first woman to be employed by Interface21 in a non-admin role - finally!

I also wanted to show you the following picture that I took in our back garden when I got back from Stonehenge. There are quite a few squirrels on my running route, which passes by Wildern Nature Park right near our house, but I haven't seen many in the garden before. Although I did see one a couple of weeks ago, sitting on the edge of the pond and eating the plant that's in there - no wonder the plant isn't flourishing :).

EDIT 19 SEPTEMBER: Rob pointed out last night that Jennifer wasn't in fact, the first female non-admin role - we have Sigi in Germany who is a Sales Manager, then I remembered that we also have Amyli and Nikki in the US, Legal Counsel and Graphic Designer respectively. So I was going to change it to say that Jennifer's the first female tech role, until Rob reminded me that although she's not with us any more, Portia in the UK was actually the first female tech person. So... Jennifer is currently the only female techie in the company. Phew, I got there in the end ;).

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

I can't wait until we get to visit the Southampton office and take a trip to Stonehenge!

Tell Jen hi for me! :)

Sarah L said...

Yay - you're back! I wondered whether you'd gone away as you'd hadn't posted! I used to often pass Stonehenge as I drove down the A303 on my way to Devon (that's where the ex's family lived). I've been there and I found it a bit of an anti-climax. They used to let you wander through the stoned - but now you have to stand all that way back and they're too far away to really "feel" it. But hey ho - those naughty people were vandalising it! Anyway, glad you're out enjoying life! :-)