Wednesday 5 September 2007

Four things you may or may not know about me...

Sarah just e-mailed me this. I'm not very good with forwards, particularly the ones that say 'send this on to 20 people in the next half hour or you'll have bad luck for a zillion years', but as it goes this one wasn't one of those anyway. Instead of replying to her and forwarding it on to everyone I know, I'll post my answers here. Which I think is a great idea because it gives me something to write about - there hasn't been a vast amount of excitement in the past week.

Although we did go to a football match on Saturday with Adrian and Sara and the kids - Eastleigh FC played Sutton United. Eastleigh are high up in their league (albeit a very low down league) and Sutton are second from bottom, so we had high hopes, but of course they were dashed - Sutton won 2-1. The quality of football was fairly terrible (not that I could have done any better, although thinking about it I could have done better than the Eastleigh goalkeeper who dropped the ball in front of his goal and allowed the Sutton player to dribble round him and into the back of the net) and Rebecca and Elliott were as interested in seeing the mascot as the football, but we still had a great time, and it made for a nice change. I haven't been to a football match since I was living in Italy - the atmosphere at a Fiorentina match is somewhat different to Eastleigh though :).

Sarah, I've modified a couple of the questions and have added some of my own, hope that's OK.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
Pianist at a hotel, Music teacher, Fee earner in solicitor's office, Director of my own company

Four films I could watch over and over:
Mission: Impossible, Entrapment, Ocean's Eleven, Evita

Four films I have bought but haven't got round to watching yet:
The Black Dahlia, Bobby, Vera Drake, Eternal Sunshine

Four places I have lived:
Kirklevington (where I grew up - 1976-1995), Hull (university - 1995-1999), Florence (year abroad during uni - 1997-1998), Manchester (1999-2007)

Four TV Shows that I watch when they're on TV:
Coronation Street (sorry), Desperate Housewives, Friends (re-runs on E4 every day), Child of our Time

Four TV shows that I watch when they come out on DVD Boxset:
24, Lost, Alias (till it finished), The West Wing (ditto)

Four places I have holidayed:
St Lucia, Egypt, The Maldives, Zakynthos

Four places I would like to visit:
Only four?? Australia (Sydney Harbour and Uluru particularly), Angkor Wat, Hong Kong, Macchu Picchu

Four people who e-mail/text/call me regularly:
Sarah (via our blogs), Jen, Mum, erm...

Four of my favourite foods:
Pasta, chicken, strawberries, salt (I am an auto-condimenter - I salt my food before I taste it; can't eat without it)

Four things I like doing:
Being in my new house, shopping (although not much of that at the moment other than house-related stuff as I'm broke), travelling, sleeping

Four places I would rather be right now:
I'm still at work right now, so: at home, sitting by a pool in the sun, having a meal (anywhere - I'm starving), in bed

Four things I am looking forward to this year:
Going on holiday - 4 weeks on Sunday!, going to Miami for The Spring Experience (not so much for the conference but to see Keri, Eva, Jill and Annabelle again and to meet Corgan), going to the Lake District for Christmas, my birthday (although I'm not ecstatic about being another year older)

So there you go. How about you?

1 comment:

Sarah L said...

Hooray - what a great idea to post this on your blog. I thought your blog had gone quiet for a few days - glad to help out on the content front! I can't help watching those E4 re-runs of Friends over and over again too. Macchu Picchu was brill - I'll tell you all about it! Looking forward to meeting up xx