Thursday 20 September 2007

Everyone's out to get me

This week hasn't been the best of weeks at work. I've had a load of training courses to organise over the past couple of weeks and every one of them has gone wrong in some way or another - I've been given the wrong material to print, the printers have delivered it late, I've forgotten to book train tickets and/or hotel accommodation until the last minute, the hotel has lost my reservation... Plus other non-course-related and usually straightforward stuff went wrong, like getting an offer letter and employment contract out to a new employee, creating marketing material, organising a conference call with a colleague who hadn't told me he was on holiday... All these things eventually worked themselves out but not before I got myself into a stress about it all.

End of rant.

The good news is that I will soon (very soon, I hope) be giving up some of the more 'junior' aspects of my job and concentrating on things like getting a proper handle on, and managing, our procedures for putting on training courses and more 'office manager'-type stuff. We'll be hiring someone to answer the phone, welcome visitors and be Greg's assistant, plus we'll be asking our accountants to do our payroll instead of having me do it, so I can do other stuff. Yay!

More good news is that there's only just over a day to go until the weekend and Small Jen is coming to visit again. We're going to the zoo on Saturday with Sara and the kids. I haven't been to a zoo for years - at least 20 if not more. Looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Sarah L said...

well the day sounded like hell - but it seems that progress is just round the corner! stick at it - you'll soon be running the company!

Keri Donald said...

She'll soon be running the company? You mean she doesn't already? :D

Sally said...

You see, Keri remembers the company when it was just half a dozen guys working from their back bedrooms, until they decided they needed someone to organise them a bit better ;)