Monday 2 June 2008

The weather permitted...

... so I rode into work this morning, and back again this afternoon. Surprisingly, I quite enjoyed it.

The journey to work includes a mile's worth of uphill climb - nothing too steep, but it just seemed to go on forever. On the way back this afternoon, though, it took no time at all to do the same stretch of road in reverse! Then there's a much shorter, but much steeper, uphill climb on the way back, which I found really difficult, but preferred it to the longer uphill this morning - at least it was over more quickly!

We were almost home when we stopped at a junction, I put my right foot down, got cramp in my toes, lost my balance and fell over - which wasn't the most glamorous thing I've ever done, but I'm sure given time I'll have worse falls than that.

Padded shorts were my lifesaver this afternoon - I'm pleased I'm not riding again tomorrow. Need to give my bum some time to recover!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for you, Sally!

memento said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm sure the uphill will go easier over time - it definitely did here.

Bieke

Julia said...

How brave you are, to fight with all the other road users, with no protective metalwork round you! Well done!
Can I be a nagging Mum for just this once & say PLEASE be careful....