Monday 20 October 2008

Bridesmaids: Check

Jen and Alicia, my adult bridesmaids, came over this weekend and we went to the bridal shop on Saturday morning to try dresses on (and I also put my wedding dress on; still love it, so no panics there). As I mentioned in a previous post, I already bought a dress for each of them, and Saturday was just about making sure that there weren't any other ones out there that we liked better. There was one dress at the bridal shop that was a clear favourite, but we decided that it wasn't any nicer than the ones we already had (plus it was twice the price) so we stuck to the original ones.

This means that we now have a colour scheme for the wedding, so Rob can choose what he wants the men to wear based on the colour we've got for the bridesmaids - which was actually his preferred colour, so that's worked out quite well. I still need to buy dresses for my two younger bridesmaids, but there's no point in getting them until nearer the time as they'll have grown out of them by the time the wedding comes around if I get them now.

Still need to find a band, then that's the big things out of the way and I can stop thinking about the wedding till after Christmas...

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

So... what's the color (or colour) scheme? :)

Jenny Greenwood said...

you forgot to mention that we looked lovely :)

Sally said...

That goes without saying.