Wednesday 8 October 2008

Progress

I'm on the fifth week of the fitness plan compiled by my PT, Ben. Four weeks ago, I cycled 4.52km in 20 minutes on level 12. Yesterday I cycled 7.67km.

Plus I got on the scales this morning for the first time in ages and I have gone down 4lbs in weight and also decreased my body fat by a couple of percentage points.

I've still got a long way to go (about 16lbs but more importantly, about 10 percentage points in fat) but I've got plenty of time - there's still over 6 months to go till my first dress fitting - and I want to take things slowly and steadily to minimise the risk of piling weight back on again after the wedding, but I'm pleased with my progress so far.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Yea! That's great! Doesn't it feel so good to see your fitness progress AND see the body fat progress on the scale? Keep it up!

Jill Fosness said...

That is great! I wish I would have done some benchmark times/distances when I first started, so I could actually see my fitness improving. I mean I have the weight and fat percentage benchmark, but it would be nice to actually see how much better you can do something, that's very cool!

I, on the other hand, feel like such a failure when it comes to my PT! Had my 7th session today, meaning I'm 4 weeks in, and while I definitely feel stronger and more energetic, my sessions have NOT gotten any easier, and I still have sore muscles every week! My abs have literally hurt for a month now! But on the plus side, I KNOW I have ab muscles!

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to move over and be inspired by you even more!