Saturday 4 October 2008

I Give In

Well, I made it to October without giving in, but after sitting here in the middle of the day with a blanket round my legs, I have just succumbed to the cold and put the heating on because, in my Dad's words, it's perishing cold. It's strange to think that I was wearing flip flops last Sunday night, but during the course of the last 6 days it has definitely turned very autumnal indeed. At least one night last week I decided to go to bed early because it was warmer there than sitting downstairs.

In other news, I had two bridesmaids' dresses delivered this morning. After Jen and I tried a load on in London the other week and decided that one in particular was really nice, my Mum got details of a 15% discount offer from the shop that it came from. When she went onto the website, she noticed that the dresses were reduced already by 20%, which was great but it made me a bit nervous because I took that to mean that they were probably end of line and once they sold out, they wouldn't be getting any more in.

I've arranged for Jen and my other adult bridesmaid, my cousin Alicia, to come over in 2 weeks' time to try dresses on at the bridal shop where I got my dress, but I was worried that if we didn't find anything we liked, there was a chance that the ones Jen and I had already seen would be out of stock. So I bought two of these dresses the other day and if we see anything nicer in a fortnight's time I'll just send these ones back. They were delivered this morning and I'm really pleased with them, so even if we don't find anything better in a couple of weeks, we know we've got some lovely dresses already. And at a third off the retail price!

No comments: