Thursday 8 November 2007

My neck hurts...

I got shunted in the car this evening coming home from work. The traffic in front of me stopped quite suddenly and I only just managed to stop in time without hitting the car in front. The same cannot be said for the driver of the car behind me... I could see he was going to hit me so I braced myself, but I still jarred my neck a bit. It doesn't feel too bad but I'll see how I am in the morning. At the time I was more concerned about being pushed into the car in front, but I wasn't. My car wasn't too badly damaged - because he was braking so hard, the front of his car was down and he practically went underneath the rear of my car, denting the panel under my bumper, that's all. His car, on the other hand: broken number plate, cracked bumper, both headlights damaged, one totally smashed, bonnet buckled... serves him right, I suppose.

To say that I used to deal with RTAs for a living, I was rubbish when it came to getting details. I got his name, address and insurance company, and his passenger's name, but when I got back in the car I realised I hadn't taken down his registration number... as it happened he followed me down the road for quite a while in slow-moving traffic so I was able to read his plate and write it down.

So not a particularly bad crash at all; it's just annoying that I'll have to spend ages on the phone now, sorting out repairs to the car, then I'll be without the car for at least a day while it's being repaired. Grrr.

UPDATE FRIDAY 08:30: Neck felt fine this morning so I guess I won't be putting in a personal injury claim. Shame really, because I've just made a big purchase (look out for tomorrow's post) and I could have done with the extra cash...

2 comments:

Julia said...

glad no long term effects!

Sarah L said...

OH NO! What a pain - thankfully your neck is better, that's a relief. But it's still a right old faff having to sort out the paperwork etc. Big hugs (((Sally)))