Sunday 4 November 2007

My Second 5k

On Thursday my legs were still aching from the accumulation of cycling last Saturday then 4 days of cross-training, and after the 5k I didn't do enough stretching so I had two days off on Friday and Saturday to recover. I needed it! I did another 5k this morning, though, and got a better time - 34:00 exactly. Still not a great time, but this is more in line with my usual pace of somewhere between 06:30 and 06:45 per kilometre. I sprinted at the end and was shattered when I finished, but I felt like if I hadn't sprinted and tired myself out, I could have run for longer. This is good news - I'd like to think I could get a good time in a 10km by June 2008.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well done Big Sal!! Very proud of you, hope to catch you up soon...once I manage to get out for the run you planned me, but its very dark now and cold...

Sarah L said...

See - already getting better! You're really doing so great. Just remember to do some easy runs too - don't push yourself hard on every one, otherwise you might get an injury. The best piece of advice I ever heard was EASY HARD EASY HARD. Never do two hard runs in a row. Recovery is really important. And as you do more your recovery time will decrease. In the mean time, let your body get over the stress.