Friday 23 November 2007

Navel pulled in, pelvic floor lifted...

I went to a Pilates class this lunchtime. I used to go once a week when I was in Manchester, but I haven't been since I moved, mainly because the classes at the gym near the house aren't at a convenient time (i.e. on a Sunday afternoon...). The gym near the office has just started a lunchtime class on a Friday, so I went to that today. I'd forgotten how difficult it was! There was another girl in the class who found it all totally effortless, and between her and the instructor, who was 5' 8" with long legs, a flat tummy (after two kids), tanned skin and beautiful hair, they made me feel quite ungainly, with my too-short jogging pants, thunder thighs and holes in my socks. My feet are always cold, and every time I do a Pilates class I get cramp at least once and have to stop to walk it off, and today was no different. Apart from that, I really enjoyed the class and will try and get to one class a week. And I know I'll feel my stomach muscles in the morning... Even though I did Pilates, I was going to consider today my 'rest' day, seeing as I didn't do any cardio, and go running tomorrow, but I had second thoughts as I heard my tummy muscles screaming for mercy today. I'll have a day off completely tomorrow and go back to cardio on Sunday.

1 comment:

Sarah L said...

I do Pilates every Thursday after work - it's SOOOoooooo good for the core muscles and will help you be a quicker and better runner. I get cramp all the time - and I can hardly touch my toes without my muscles shaking!!!! Well done you! :-)