Wednesday 7 November 2007

Tired legs this morning

Today I left the house at 07:15, usual time, but instead of getting to the science park and going to the gym, I left my bag in a locker at the gym and did this run instead. It's roughly the same distance as the 5km run near the house, but today was the first time I did it in this location and I actually got lost for a couple of minutes before using the sound of the traffic from the motorway to get my bearings. I posted a fairly bad time again, but I did get lost, and as it's a new route I didn't know what to expect in the way of hills etc (I know, any excuse), but at least I did it - I came extremely close to rolling over and going back to sleep again this morning. My legs are aching now, and I can't stop yawning, but it's a rest day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

I always like finding new paths when I run! I rarely go on the same routes twice in a row, unless I'm timing myself. :)

Sarah L said...

And for safety reasons it's always good to try new routes too. Don't let someone become familiar with your routine - especially in the winter in the dark. Safety first! If you can't find a new one - try running an existing one backwards (well not running backwards you understand! - running the route the other way!)