Saturday 10 November 2007

The piano's arrived!

I bought a piano last weekend and it was delivered this morning! I haven't had a piano since I left home 12 years ago, but now I'm finally at a point where I have the space and can afford to buy one. Actually, I can't afford to buy a whole one - luckily my birthday and Christmas are both coming up so Rob has given me some money for both occasions to to cover part of the cost. I don't have any sheet music here and I can't remember much off by heart of what I used to be able to play (but even with the music in front of me I'll have trouble playing the things I used to play), but Mum has taken a bunch of music to Jen's today, and Jen's coming down for the night on Tuesday, so I'll have something to play from soon enough. I'm looking forward to re-learning all the stuff I could play when I was 16...

UPDATE SUNDAY 18:00: I've downloaded and printed out a free copy of the first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and have re-taught myself to play it. So far so good...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks lovely Sal, and sounds good too. You're not allowed to spend all Tuesday night playing though you have to talk to me for a bit as well. Have you picked the leaf up from the floor?

Sarah L said...

Oh it's beautiful Sally! All shiny and ready to be played!

BTW there's a leaf that needs picking up from the floor ;-)

Julia said...

I wasn't going to mention the leaf, you'll be surprised to know, mainly because Jen saw it first. Perhaps you could airbrush it out...
How's the practising going, now that you have 2 bags full of music to choose from? Recital at Christmas? Perhaps I'll get our piano tuned, ready for you!